Thursday, October 7, 2010

HOT WINGS

So I assume anyone who reads my blog knows that I'm engaged and now must start working on shedding some poundage before my wedding which is SO HARD because I L.O.V.E. to eat.  Especially wings.  I love love love chicken wings; super spicy, and smothered in blue cheese.  I'm on day four of my diet so it's pretty much killing me to look at these pictures, but for my last fatty supper I made hot wings and I wanted to share how.  I know it's not really crafting, but it is creating and I love to cook so I'll be sharing recipes from time to time.

They're super easy, all you need are the wings, Frank's red hot original, butter, Tabasco, and canola oil!

First you get dat erl nice and hot and about 1.5 to 2 inches deep in your skillet.  Then you drop in the wings and let em start to cook:






Don't they look delectable?  I think so too!  While the chicken is frying you can make your wing sauce.  Because Nate is offshore, Ern was at work, and Mez was still asleep, I was cooking for one so I made a half batch of sauce.  One stick of butter, melted, about half the bottle of Frank's, and about 15 shakes of Tabasco.  I like my food super spicy so maybe you don't even need any Tabasco.  Shake to your liking.  For a double batch, two sticks of butter and the whole bottle of Frank's.





MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.  You have to let the wings fry for about 25 minutes.  You want the skin nice and crispy.  Also, you've got to keep moving them around in the pan so they don't stick to the bottom.

Once they start to look like this, you know they're getting close!


When your chicken is cooked you can take them out with some tongs and dip 'em in the sauce.  Then I like to pour the extra sauce all over them.  Like so...


My heart is a flutter!  You can even see the steam rising off of those babies!  Serve with a big helping of your favorite, chunky blue cheese dressing (or with with Ranch if you can't handle the awesomeness that is blue cheese) and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment