Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Freret Market

This was my first arts market and it was excellent!  I had signed up before but canceled my spot at the last minute because I didn't have a pop up tent and I didn't have enough inventory.  But this was it; I had built up a respectable amount of merchandise and I had found my pop up tent for a fabulously low price at Rite Aid of all places.

I was selling hand stitched, one of a kind, and made out of recycled fabric voodoo dolls.  They were a hit.



A while back, I made my friend Adele, an "ABCD" piece for her beautiful baby Phoebe's nursery.  Everyone loved it and suggested I sell them.  So I made some example pieces, for display purposes only, and had them available by custom order. 

(They spell out "Who Dat" and "ABC's")







I was also selling some of my skeleton ladies that I usually sell at Sarita's Grill on Freret.  They're so colorful and fun and it is October so I felt it was only appropriate.


The LASPCA is always out trying to find puppies homes.  We fell in love with this guy and Ern was trying her hardest to adopt him.  We got to take him home with us, but as it turns out, she was highly allergic to him.  He's still up for adoption, and just about the coolest little guy, ever.





It was a fun day.  I didn't sell as much as I would have liked to but I got a good feel for what people were looking to buy.  I'll be out with a different inventory on November 6th.  Come say hello if you're out enjoying the amazing weather we'll be enjoying for the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are an amazing artist! Can't wait to see what November brings.

    ReplyDelete